- » Focus and Scope
- » Section Policies
- » Peer Review Process
- » Publication Frequency
- » Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
- » Author(s) Statement of Ethics
- » Article-processing charges
Focus and Scope
Vektora Journal of Vector and Disease Reservoir contains articles in the field of disease control derived vectors and reservoirs of disease which include epidemiology , biostatistics , administration and health policy , environmental health , health promotion and behavioral sciences . Articles can be submitted research articles , article research paper , and policy papers .
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
- Provide written feedback in a timely manner on the benefits of scientific and scientific value of the work, it is done by documenting in writing the opinion of the partners bestari.
- Indicates whether the article has compositions by a clear, concise, and relevant and ratings, scientific accuracy, originality, and appealing to the reader.
- Avoiding comment or personal criticism
- Refrain from direct contact without permission editor writer
- Notify the editor immediately if unable to review in a timely manner and provide the names of other potential partners bestari
- Determining the scientific achievement, originality and scope of work; show you how to fix it, and recommend acceptance or rejection when using a grading scale
- Noting all the ethical concerns, such as the last substantial similarity between the manuscript and each manuscript papers published or submitted to another journal.
- Warned editors about any conflict of interest, financial or conflict of interest and decreased when reviewing the possibility of conflict is
- Ensuring that the article published in the journal comply with standards
- Protect readers from incorrect or flawed research and studies that can not be validated by others
- Being alert to the failure to cite relevant work by other scientists
VEKTORA publish 2 times a year. The first publication is vol. 1 No. 1 June 2009. Available online version from December 13 2013.
Open Access Policy
VEKTORA ( Journal of Vector Borne and Reservoir Diseases) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supporting a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows:
- Readers ( will receive notifications of visitors and accounted for in
- Statistical reporting)
- Authors ( can submit articles written)
• Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY-SA)
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Vektora : Jurnal Vektor dan Reservoir Penyakit (e-ISSN 2354-8789) is a peer-reviewed journal published by Institute of Vector and Reservoir Control Research and Development (IVCRD) Salatiga Indonesia. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher. This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed Vektora journal is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher and the society.
as publisher of Vektora journal takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue
has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, the Institute Vector and Reservoir Control Research and Development (IVCRD) Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful and
Duties of Editor
1. Publication decisions
The editor of the Vektora journal is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
2. Review of Manuscripts
Editor must ensure that each manuscript is initially evaluated by the editor for originality. The editor should organize and use peer review fairly and wisely. Editors should explain their peer review processes in the information for authors and also indicate which parts of the journal are peer reviewed. Editor should use appropriate peer reviewers for papers that are considered for publication by selecting people with sufficient expertise and avoiding those with conflicts of interest.
3. Fair play
An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
5. Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
1. Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.
Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
4. Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
5. Acknowledgement of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
6. Disclosure and Conflict of Interest
Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties of Authors
1. Reporting standards
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behaviour and are unacceptable.
2. Data Access and Retention
Authors are asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access to such data (consistent with the ALPSP-STM Statement on Data and Databases), if practicable, and should in any event be prepared to retain such data for a reasonable time after publication.
3. Originality and Plagiarism
The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
4. Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
5. Acknowledgement of Sources
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
6. Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper, and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
7. Hazards and Human or Animal Subjects
If the work involves chemicals, procedures or equipment that have any unusual hazards inherent in their use, the author must clearly identify these in the manuscript.
8. Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
9. Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Vektora : Jurnal Vektor dan Reservoir Penyakit (e-ISSN:2354-8789 ), is published by Institute of Vector and Reservoir Control Research and Development (IVCRD) , Jln.Hasanudin No.123 Salatiga, Jawa Tengah 50721; Telp. (0298) 327096, Fax: (02298) 322604
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Author(s) Statement of Ethics
Yang bertanda tangan di bawah ini :
Hereby I declare
Nama (Name) :
Judul Artikel (Article Title) :
No. HP/Telp. (Handphone / Telephone Number) :
Alamat Email (Email) :
Alamat Kantor (Office Address) :
Kontribusi Penulis (Author Contribution) :
Menyatakan bahwa (stated that) :
- Artikel yang kami kirimkan adalah asli yang ditulis oleh nama-nama penulis yang tercantum di atas dan belum pernah dipublikasi pada media manapun; The article we have submitted to the journal for review is original, has been written by the stated authors and has not been published elsewhere;
- Artikel tidak sedang dalam proses atau pertimbangan publikasi oleh jurnal lain dan tidak akan dikirimkan ke jurnal lain selama proses penelaahan oleh jurnal ini berlangsung; The article is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal and will not be submitted for such review while under review by this journal;
- Artikel tidak mengandung pernyataan-pernyataan yang berbahaya, menentang hukum, dan mengancam individu atau hak-hak individu dan kelompok lain; The article contains no libellous or other unlawful statements and does not contain any materials that violate any personal or proprietary rigths of any other person or entity;
- Kami telah memperolah izin tertulis dari pemilik hak cipta setiap pernyataan atau dokumen yang diperoleh dari produk ber-hak cipta, serta telah menyebutkan sumber referensi yang digunakan dalam artikel ini. We have obtained written permission from copyright owners for any excerpts from copyrighted works that are included and have credited the sources in my article.
....[tempat (place)]..... , ..[tanggal (date)].....
Penulis (Author) 1/2/3/4/...
[materai Rp. 6000]
- Surat pernyataan ini dibuat rangkap sebanyak penulis yang tercantum dalam artikel (tiap penulis masing-masing membuat surat pernyataan ini). (This statement of ethics must be multiplied as many as the number of author listed in the article)
- Melampirkan Surat Persetujuan Etik (Etichal Approval). (Ethical approval from official institution must be attached).
Click here to download this form.
There is no charge for submitted manuscripts
VEKTORA Journal Indexed by:
p-ISSN : 2085-868X (print)
e-ISSN : 2354-8789 (online)
Accreditation Number : 583/Akred/P2MI-LIPI/09/2014
Published by Institute for Vector and Reservoir Control Research Development, National Institute of Health Research and Development, Ministry of Health (Indonesia)
Jl. Hasanuddin No. 123, Salatiga, Central Java, Indonesia
Tel. (0298) 327096, Fax (0298) 322604,
Website : http://ejournal.litbang.depkes.go.id/index.php/vk
Copyright of Vektora Journal of Vector Borne and Reservoir Disease (e-ISSN: 2354-8789, p-ISSN: 2085-868X)
View My Stats
Vektora is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.