Already have a Username/Password for Health Science Journal of Indonesia?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
- All manuscripts should be sent to the Editor of Health Science Journal of Indonesia through the Online Submission in this address http://ejournal.litbang.depkes.go.id/index.php/HSJI/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions. If authors have problems while sending the manuscript online, please contact the Editor at the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic requirements for articles submitted:
- Original work
- Has never been published previously
- All papers involving human subjects submitted should have obtained approval from the Committee of Ethics.
- Written in the format of 2010 “Uniform Requirements for Manuscript Submitted to Biomedical Journal” established by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE-“Vancouver style”)
- The Editorial Board reserves the right edit to all articles in aspects of style, format, and clarity. Authors may be required to revise their manuscripts for reasons of style and content. Manuscripts with inappropriate format or excessive errors in style and typography may be returned to authors for retyping.
- Subjected to peer and editorial review
Types of articles
Full length clinical research, basic medical, and community research are not longer than 12 printed pages (approximately 30 type-written double spaced Letter or A4 size sheets -Brief communications and preliminary reports not longer than 4 printed pages -Case reports -Review articles. Authors submitting review articles must provide the editors with their curriculum vitae.
The publisher reserves copyright of all published materials –Materials may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the publisher -Statements in articles are the responsibility of the authors.
Language Articles will be published in US English. Articles that are not suitable for HSJI publication may be rejected. Articles must be submitted fully in the following structural order: (1) Title page and authorship; (2) Abstract, keywords; (3) Text; (4) Acknowledgments; (5) References; (6).Tables; (7) Figures and Legends.
Title page and authorship
The title page should contain:
- Title of the article (no abbreviations, maximum of 12 words)
- Full names of authors, without academic title
- Authorship of articles should be limited to those who (a) conception and design, or analysis and interpretation of data, or both; (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and (c) final approval of the final version to be published.
- Author’s affiliation (name(s) of department(s) and institution (-s)
- Mailing and email address of the corresponding author
- Source(s) of grants, if any
- Synopsis. A synopsis should only be one or two sentences long, maximum 25 words describing the paper or its conclusion A short title head, maximum 40 characters (letter and spaces)
Structured abstract and keywords
- Prepared in English and in Bahasa Indonesia (for Indonesian authors)
- Maximum 250 words. For case reports and short articles maximum 100 words
- Contains: background and objective (-s) of study, methods (study subject selection, time of observational and analytical methods), results, and conclusion
- Keywords are 3-8 words
The text should be under appropriate headings, structured as Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, and Acknowledgments. Footnotes are not advisable; their contents should rather be incorporated into the text. For measurements use S.I. units (System International units)
- Measurements should be abbreviated (e.g. mm, kcal, etc.) in accordance to the Style Manual for Biological Sciences and using the metric system
- Do not use abbreviations such as APH; instead write in full: ante
- Do not begin sentences with a numerical figure. When heading a sentence, numbers should be spelled out.
- Cite in numerical order every reference, figure and table. Use Arabic numerals in superscript to cite references in Vancouver style.
Tables and illustrations
Each table and its title should be presented in its own separate sheet, indicating its position in the text Tables should be numbered in Arabic numerals Captions brief, clearly indicating the purpose or content of each table
- Provide a footnote to each table, identifying in alphabetical order all abbreviations used.
- Illustrations should be made as professional quality drawings or in the form of glossy photographs.
- Indicate the author’s name and the figure number written lightly in pencil on the back each illustration.
- Write the word “top” on the back of each illustration at the appropriate place.
- A legend should be supplied for each illustration, with all legends typed on separate sheets of paper.
- Color illustrations are allowed in special circumstances, provided that the author is willing to meet the cost of reproduction.
Any statistical methods used should be detailed in the methods section of the paper and any method not commonly used should be described in detail and supported by references.
Personal acknowledgments will be limited to appropriate professionals who contributed to the paper, including technical assistance and/or financial material support.
- References should not exceed 25 and must be numbered in the order in which they are mentioned in the text. Use the “Vancouver style” of 2010 and abbreviated according to the style of Index Medicos.
- Try to avoid using abstracts as references.
- Information from manuscripts submitted but not accepted should be cited in the text as “unpublished observations” with written permission from the source.
- Papers accepted but not yet published may be included as references; designate the journal and add “Forthcoming”.
- Avoid citing a “personal communication” unless it provides essential information not available publically, name the person and date of communication, obtain written permission and confirmation of accuracy from the source of a personal communication.
- We recommend you to use reference manager tool such Mendeley to manage reference in the manuscript.
- Please check this sample references.
ONLINE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Authors need to register first as a writer at the following address :
Authors should complete the form as detailed as possible with the star marked fields must be filled. After all filled, clicked the Register button to register. Then the author will be brought to the Online Submission interface and click the "New Submission" button.
Click here to download template for manuscript.
Click here to download application form.
Click here to download copyright transfer form.
MANUSCRIPT REVIEW PROCESS
Each manuscript submitted will be reviewed independently by at least two reviewers. The decision for publication, change, or rejection is based on the recommendation of the reviewers. If two or more reviewers consider manuscripts submitted are not worthy to be published in this journal, will be sent a letter regarding this decision within three months from the date of submission manuscripts.